Start learning React TODAY!
Who Is This Course For?
What Will Be Included?
Articles and bitesize video lectures delivered straight to your inbox in 8 days.
Why should you, as a designer, learn coding?
I encourage you to check out this post to hear other designers’ opinions.
Learning to code will help you become better at design. Armed with a better understanding of how things work, you will find the communication with developers much more efficient. Your design ideas would be more convincing and more respected. You can even design with code.
New skills you learn will open new doors. Trust me, it will be a new world of creativity!
The main goal of this course is to help you understand the fundamentals of React.
To break it down, here are a few verifiable goals to help you work along the course material. After completing the course, you should be able to:
- explain the following at a concept level (or better yet, since you are a designer, draw diagrams / sketches!):
- What is DOM? How is it related to React?
- Why is React cool?
- What are components, props and state?
- When to use props and when to use state?
- create a simple component in two different ways and explain the differences
- create a component that takes user input and update the UI accordingly
- Day 1: What is React?
- Day 2: Components and Props
- Day 3: State
- Day 6: Smiley faces in components - JSX and arrow functions
- Day 7: Blue roof, red roof - Props in JS
- Day 8: Open Sesame! - State in JS
Hi! I'm Linton Ye.
Super excited to create these courses to help you become a better designer!
I'm a full-stack developer who's learning design. I have 10+ years of experience in mobile, development/design tools and web development. I've been working on React Native since 2015, and building Android apps since 2007 before the first Android phone, HTC G1, was even available. I also contribute to React Navigation project, and write a blog about React.
I love teaching. I've authored a few courses at Treehouse and Lynda. My dark little secret: 😈 creating this course is also my special way to learn all things about design and React -- trying to explain things clearly has taken my understanding of the concepts to a whole new level.
Thrilled to be on this journey with you!
Some nice things people have said:
Clean explanation and illustrations of what is React and it's côté concepts ~ https://t.co/PtCs0bYs7u— Jérémy Buget (@jbuget) June 14, 2017
come for the adorable drawings, stay for the writing https://t.co/Cymf8TkVVw— brent (@notbrent) June 26, 2017